No, this isn't a new series about crazy fabulous marriage proposals where the bride-to-be says "yes!" (Although that would make a heck of fun series for a wedding magazine or blog...). It's not a spoof on a country song, or a story about a little girl who checked "yes" on the wadded up piece of notebook paper that said, "will you be my girlfriend?"
It's an ongoing story about brave and honest women
who chose to say "yes" to God no matter what the cost.
I can't wait to share them with you.
These women who will shake the world for Jesus, whose very lives will lead other women to say "yes" to God no matter what. They'll inspire you, challenge you, and make you weep as you feel what their obedience cost them, how it freed them, and how their choice to say "yes" propelled them into God's calling for their lives, paving the way for miracles of the "God on high" kind.
Some stories will be big—where a woman's "yes" cost her everything and left her with nothing but Christ.
Some stories will, by comparison, seem quite small. Everyday choices of the faithful life...every bit as important (if not more) than the big ones.
Want to share your "yes" story?
My hope is that there will be a new #SheSaidYes story gracing these pages each Friday, but I need your help to make it work. If you have a story about saying "yes" to God...one that you feel would encourage other women to do the same, please follow these guidelines for submission:
- This is a family-friendly, God-honoring website. Please submit a post in keeping with that theme (I reserve the right to turn any post down, for any reason).
- I encourage you to tackle the hard areas of the Christian faith, but do it in a way that holds the Bible as the ultimate authority.
- Please keep posts between 500-750 words, in general. (You know what they say about the length of a woman's skirt, right? That's my ultimate guideline for a post).
- Please use at least one, and not more than three photos in your post. I like big photos on my blog. The maximum size (which I like to use) is 800...please size the photos before you send me your post.
- Please include a brief bio and thumbnail photo of yourself at the end of your post. Feel free to include links to your own site within reason.
- Because most of the time our stories don't happen to just us, please take care in the way you write about your loved ones involved in the story. If in doubt, ask them for permission before sharing.
- If you are chosen to be a guest-poster, please post about it at your website (where applicable) to send your traffic here that day. But don’t post the article word-for-word at your site. This kills SEO (search engine optimization) and hurts us both. In fact, I'd even love for you to use an entirely different title if you can, and not include any of the text from your post on your own site. In other words, get creative! (I know you can do it! You're writers!)
- Send your HTML-ready posts to firstname.lastname@example.org with "She Said Yes" in the subject line. I will only reply to you if I decide to use your post (because friends...email is eating me alive!). Your email will include the date your post will go live.
I'm praying for a mighty wave of God to hit us through our stories my friends. And I'm praying that God will use them to open our hearts and minds to the beauty of saying "yes" to Him, no matter what the cost.
We'll officially start next week! Here's a smallish button for your blog if you'd like to have one.